[Lustre-discuss] lustre 1.4 with ibhost stack issue

Changer Van changerv at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 00:26:49 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I installed lustre 1.4 with voltaire ibhost stack on RHEL4.
The kernel version is 2.6.9-55.0.9.el_lustre.1.4.11.1custom.

The system was stopped by stopping voltaireibhost process
when it is going down.

Stopping voltaireibhost... [ press enter twice ]

I had to press enter twice to bring it down
and got the following messages on screen:

IPOIB_UD: The del command
IPOIB_UD: Thread going out ...
IPOIB_UD: leave del command
rmmod ...
IPOIB_UD: unregister units
IPOIB_UD: destroys pool

I also had to press enter twice to bring the system up.
Then I turned off the init.d service of the voltaireibhost
and started it manually after system reboot. It was fine.

What is wrong with this lustre machine?

Regards,
Changer