[Lustre-discuss] How do I recover files from partial lustre disk?

Charles Taylor taylor at hpc.ufl.edu
Thu Jun 19 03:42:45 PDT 2008

Just some feedback on the item below...When we were getting started
with Lustre about seven or eight months ago we were having stability
problems and losing a lot of time to Lustre-related issues.   We were
newbies and willing to pay someone to help us clear some initial
hurdles.   I contacted (phone and email) ClusterFS (I guess this was
just prior to the Sun purchase, I don't know) to ask about some
consulting help and never heard back from anyone.   We all want you to
be successful and this seems like a lost revenue opportunity.

FWIW, we are doing pretty well now and are mostly very happy with
Lustre and this list has been invaluable (to wit, "The Dilger
Procedure").  However, I'm sure there is plenty that we still don't
know and we plan to attend some training at the next opportunity.

Regards,

Charlie Taylor
UF HPC Center