[Lustre-discuss] Reclaiming ext3 reserved space failed

Timh Bergström timh.bergstrom at diino.net
Fri Jun 27 03:23:38 PDT 2008

Hi all,

Im trying to reclaim the 5% space reserved for root from my osts,
which the manual says I should be able to do with tune2fs. So I
downloaded the latest version, tune2fs 1.40.11 (17-June-2008) and im
trying to run as stated in the manual $tune2fs -m 1 /dev/sdXY.

This gives me :
tune2fs: Filesystem has unsupported feature(s) while trying to open /dev/sda1
Couldn't find valid filesystem superblock.

Is there any special patches i need to apply or is there another
version of e2fsprogs i should download?

It's quite annoying to loose close to 5TB just because of this. :-)

--
Timh Bergström
System Administrator