[Lustre-discuss] lctl peer/conn_list

Scott Atchley atchley at myri.com
Fri Jun 27 06:49:06 PDT 2008

On Jun 26, 2008, at 9:03 AM, Bastian Tweddell wrote:

> On 25.Jun.08 23:28 -0600, Andreas Dilger wrote:
>> On Jun 25, 2008  20:04 -0400, Scott Atchley wrote:
>>> When I test Lustre over myri10ge, I do not use "myri10ge" as the
>>> network interface name. I use the actual ethX that myri10ge is
>>> providing:
>>>
>>>    options lnet networks="tcp0(eth2),tcp1(eth0)"
> Ok, right, that is the same I am doing. I configured udev to name
> the myri10ge interface 'myri10ge'.

Ok. :-)

>> If you are using tcpX(ethX), then you are only using TCP for the
>> Lustre Network transport instead of the RDMA MX transport and it
>> isn't as fast or efficient as it could be.
> I do not think, that myri10ge supports RDMA MX, does it?

No. You need a MX license which allows you to download the MX driver.
I assume that you are using non-Myrinet switches since you are using
the Ethernet driver. Before buying MX, it would be best to contact
Myricom at sales at myri dot com to determine if MX would work in your
fabric.

> But my question still is: Why does lctl peer_list shows a connection
> between MDS and lustre client, which uses the management network,
> although the client is configured to use myri10ge network only?

I'll let Andreas and the Sun folks handle it from here. :-)

Scott