[Lustre-discuss] OST balancing (1.6) question

Daire Byrne Daire.Byrne at framestore-cfc.com
Tue Mar 4 01:18:47 PST 2008

Hi,

We have a mix of 1.4 and 1.6 clients and so when we recently expanded one of our filesystems we had to downgrade to 1.4 on the servers and do a write_conf to record the new config. After upgrading the servers back to 1.6 both 1.4 and 1.6 clients could see the new OSS fine. My question is if we have 1.6 clients will they try to balance OST space no matter what or do they have to mount the filesystem using the "mgs" (1.6) mount method to enable this feature? If they use the old (1.4) mount command format will they just round-robin writes like a 1.4 client would?

Daire