[Lustre-discuss] Latest RHEL kernel: won't make mgs module, and ko2iblnd not built for right OFED modules

Chris Worley worleys at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 08:24:10 PST 2008

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 1:49 PM, Canon, Richard Shane <canonrs at ornl.gov> wrote:

>  Chris,
>
>  Try using /usr/local/ofed/current/src/ofa_kernel/ instead of the version
>  specific one.  We were seeing Oops when compiling against the version
>  specific tree.  I've been meaning to post to the list about this.
Shane,

I'm amazed that the above path works on our system too, as our setup
differs from standard, where we always put OFED into /usr/local, and
"current" points to the OFED we've built for the current kernel:

# ls -l /usr/local/ofed/
total 4
drwxr-xr-x  9 root root 4096 Mar  3 21:52 1.2.5.5-lustre
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root   31 Feb 28 16:45 current ->
/usr/local/ofed/1.2.5.5-lustre/

So, I'm not sure what you mean by "current" vs. "version specific" in
your system.  Is "current" not 1.2.5.5... maybe something distributed
w/ RHEL (or whatever distro you're using)?

Do you remember the specific panic you got?  I posted my panic in a
separate thread (as I have resolved the issues of this thread... as
Andreas said, I had patched the kernel incorrectly).

Thanks,

Chris