[Lustre-discuss] MDT Failover not functioning properly with Lustre FS

Klaus Steden klaus.steden at thomson.net
Fri Mar 7 11:15:20 PST 2008

Narjit,

I've found with my failover setup here that when I change the attributes of
my file system (i.e. what mkfs.lustre or tunefs.lustre would do), in order
to get my OSTs to mount, I have to mount the MDT on both servers. Try
mounting the MDT on the primary MDS, unmounting, mounting on the secondary,
unmounting, and then mounting again on the primary before you try to mount
any of your OSTs.

I think there must be some sort of cache effect that happens when doing
this, and once it's done, you don't have to jump through that hoop again
unless to alter the settings of your file system (i.e. add another network,
etc.)

I don't know if this is expected behaviour, but it seems like a minor
nuisance rather than a bug.

hth,
Klaus

On 3/7/08 9:44 AM, "Chadha, Narjit" <Narjit.Chadha at necam.com>did etch on