[Lustre-discuss] socknal_sd00 100% lower?

Isaac Huang He.Huang at Sun.COM
Mon Mar 10 04:46:39 PDT 2008

On Fri, Mar 07, 2008 at 03:26:23PM -0700, Andreas Dilger wrote:

> Maxim, Isaac, what are your thoughts about disabling IRQ affinity
> by default?  In the past this was important for maximizing performance
> with N CPUs and N ethernet NICs, but the CPUs have gotten much faster
> and more cores and I believe other customers have found better performance
> with irq_affinity disabled.

Agree, and with ksocklnd bonding feature deprecated it's now more
common to configure lnet with a single NIC. I've committed the change
and filed a documentation bug to update the manuals accordingly.

Thanks,
Isaac