[Lustre-discuss] lustre dstat plugin

Brock Palen brockp at umich.edu
Mon Mar 10 06:28:16 PDT 2008

On Mar 9, 2008, at 10:03 PM, Aaron Knister wrote:

> Just wondering if either of you have used collectl if/and which you
> prefer- dstat or collectl.

Never used it, Looks like they solve the same problem.  I like dstat
for the simple plugins. (if your a better python programer than me).
And how you can pull our results, like I use the following on our
lustre OSS with two OST's sda and sdb.

dstat -D sda,sdb,total

That gives me per disk stats and a total.

Similar tools could be made for collectl I'm sure.

Brock

> -Aaron
>
> On Mar 7, 2008, at 7:03 PM, Brock Palen wrote:
>
>> On Mar 7, 2008, at 6:58 PM, Kilian CAVALOTTI wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Brock,

>>> That's cool! Very useful for my daily work, thanks!
>>
>> Thanks!  Its the first python I ever wrote.

>>> It indeed doesn't read stats for multiple mounts. I slightly
>>> modified it
>>> so it can display read/write numbers for all the mounts it founds
>>> (see
>>> the attached patch).
>>
>> This is great idea
>>

>>> Here's a typical output for a rsync transfer from scrath to home:
>>>
>>> -- 8<
>>> $ dstat -M lustre
>>>
>>> Module dstat_lustre is still experimental.
>>> --scratch-------home---
>>> read write: read write
>>> 110M    0 :   0   110M
>>> 183M    0 :   0   183M