[Lustre-discuss] Lustre SNMP module

Tue Mar 11 01:52:33 PDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-10 at 16:58 -0700, Kilian CAVALOTTI wrote:
> Hi Brian,

Hi.

> Oh, thanks for pointing this. It looks like major underlying changes
> are coming. I think I'll subscribe to the lustre-devel ML to try to
> follow them.

You could do that, but I suspect that if you want to see those
developments include SNMP access to the stats, you are going to have to
be more proactive than just following the current development.  I don't
have any more insight than what's in that thread about the plans
underway but I'd be very surprised if they currently include SNMP.  I
could be wrong but I suspect that if you want to see SNMP availability
you'd have to get active either with participating in the design and
perhaps some hacking or voicing your desires through your sales channel.

> Add some RRD graphs to keep historical variations, and you got the
> all-in-one Lustre monitoring tool we sysadmins are all waiting for. ;)

Heh.  Indeed.

b.