[Lustre-discuss] OSS not healty

Andreas Dilger adilger at sun.com
Thu Mar 13 02:29:29 PDT 2008

On Mar 13, 2008  10:15 +0100, Frank Mietke wrote:
> we're using Lustre-1.6.4.2 and now one of our OSS (comprising two OSTs) shows
> the status "not healthy".
>
> dmesg tells the following:
> [3082673.456429] LustreError:
> 16561:0:(filter_io_26.c:705:filter_commitrw_write()) error starting transaction:
> rc = -30
>
> I've found that it seems to be the error EROFS. The documentation states that I
> have to restart Lustre services. Is it enough to umount / mount both OSTs on
> this OSS or do I have to umount everything (MDS/OSS)? Anything else to care
> about?

You should investigate in your /var/log/messages why this happened.  It
is usually a sign of filesystem corruption or disk errors, so you would
likely also need to run e2fsck before remounting the filesystem.

Doing the unmount/mount of just the OSTs should be enough

Sr. Staff Engineer, Lustre Group
Sun Microsystems of Canada, Inc.