[Lustre-discuss] Slow performance on the first IOR / iozone (Lustre)

Cédric Lambert cedric.lambert at bull.net
Tue Mar 25 09:43:56 PDT 2008

Brian,

Your remark is completely justified : theory can be limited by some
external variables.

For example, we saw there was a limit with "ext2" file system :
EXT2_MAX_GROUP_LOADED is used to prevent too much cache bitmaps into
memory.  As Lustre is based on ext3, is there such a limit with ldiskfs
? If so, we could continue to have bad performance again with big big
files on all OSTs (for example).

I let Anand tell us if results are better on its benches after a
dumpe2fs on every device...

Cédric