[Lustre-discuss] Can lustre be trusted to keep my data safe?

Mike Berg mike.berg at sun.com
Wed May 14 12:52:34 PDT 2008

Lustre relies on the the underlying storage and network architectures
and follows the same type of requirements as any mission critical
service. There are many mission critical uses of Lustre, a simple one
is in weather forecasting.

Lustre itself is designed to have no single points of failure,
assuming the storage and network also provide the same. See http://wiki.lustre.org/index.php?title=Recovery_Overview
  for how Lustre handles different types of failures to protect your
data.

Regards,
Mike Berg
Sr. Lustre Solutions Engineer