[Lustre-discuss] Benchmarking small file performance

Rick Friedman rick at terascala.com
Thu May 15 13:21:56 PDT 2008

We build a Lustre appliance that comes fully configured and tuned. A
number of customers have asked us about small file performance. We are
looking for feedback on how people "quantify" this type of performance
with their Lustre based systems. In most cases we are looking at
applications that are reading and writing files in the 1K to 20M size
range.

Based on the advice of the Lustre development team (thanks), we are
currently working with PIOS which is described in the Lustre manual. Are
there other tools / suites that people use to quantify this kind of
performance?

Thanks,

Rick

Rick Friedman