[Lustre-discuss] 1.6.5

Fri May 23 08:30:36 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 10:18 -0400, Kossey, Robert wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Yesterday Red Hat released RHEL5U2 with OFED 1.3 support built in.

Neat.

> Is
> there a plan to provide a Lustre patched kernel release of this, in
> coordination with Lustre 1.6.5, so that there is a prebuilt version of
> Lustre that would support OFED 1.3?

This RHEL5U2 kernel is too late for 1.6.5 which is already in QA and
being tested.  Don't fear though, as long as the testing of it pans out,
our 1.6.5 release will be made with OFED 1.3's kernel-ib RPM and Lustre
built with it.

Interesting to note however in that Changelog we posted here:

> > The lustre/ChangeLog reports:
> >
> >       * version 1.6.5
> >       * Support for kernels:
> >        2.6.5-7.311 (SLES 9),
> >        2.6.9-67.0.7.EL (RHEL 4),
> >        2.6.16.54-0.2.5 (SLES 10),
> >        2.6.22.14 vanilla (kernel.org)
> >       * Client support for unpatched kernels:
> >         (see http://wiki.lustre.org/index.php?title=Patchless_Client)
> >         2.6.16 - 2.6.22 vanilla (kernel.org)

We don't list the RHEL5 kernel at all.  I believe that is an omission.
I will look into it.

b.