[Lustre-discuss] Adding additional ethernet ports to OSS

Jerome, Ron Ron.Jerome at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Sat May 24 18:29:31 PDT 2008

I have a Lustre (1.6.4.3) system consisting of an MGS/MGT node and 4 OSS nodes.  I have just added an additional dual port Ethernet board to each of the OSSs, so they now have 3 Ethernet ports (eth0,eth1,eth2) instead of just one.

My question is how do I get lnet to use them all.  I have added options tcp0(eth0,eth1,eth2) to the modprobe.conf file and "lctl interface_list" shows all three, but it appears that all the traffic is still going over eth0 and eth1 and eth2 are not being used.

Do I need to do a writeconf on the MGS to get these new boards recognised?

Thanks in advance,

Ron Jerome,
National Research Council Canada