[Lustre-discuss] quota persistence over filesystem shutdown

Johann Lombardi johann at sun.com
Mon May 26 01:37:05 PDT 2008

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 11:00:49AM -0700, Jim Garlick wrote:
> Will we need to re-run quotacheck in our startup scripts when the MDS
> restarts uncleanly?

Yes, quotacheck is supposed to be run if the underlying ldiskfs filesystem
has not been unmounted cleanly (due to a crash for instance). The accounting
must be fixed to keep quotas accurate.
That being said, we now use journaled quota, so quotacheck is no longer needed
after an unclean shutdown with lustre 1.6.5/1.4.12 and above (see bug 14443).

Cheers,
Johann