[Lustre-discuss] kernel panic with 1.6.5rc2 on mds

Patrick Winnertz patrick.winnertz at credativ.de
Tue May 27 02:14:42 PDT 2008

Hello Andreas,
Sorry for my late answer.

> Could you please explain the type of IO that the client is doing?  Is
> this normal write(), or writev(), pwrite(), O_DIRECT, mmap, other?
> Were there IO errors, or IO resends, or some other unusual problem?
> The entry points for this IO into Lustre is all slightly different, and
> it wouldn't be the first time there was an accounting error somewhere.
I'm doing IO with fsstress.. what kind of IO it is I don't know exaclty but if
you like I can publish the sources on our company server so that you can
download it in order to test and debug it better.

Greetings
Patrick Winnertz

--
Patrick Winnertz
Tel.: +49 (0) 2161 / 4643 - 0

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
Hohenzollernstr. 133, 41061 Mönchengladbach
Geschäftsführung: Dr. Michael Meskes, Jörg Folz