[Lustre-discuss] Lustre clients: SLERT 10 support ?

Thu May 29 09:35:15 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-29 at 18:24 +0200, Ralph Krotz wrote:
> Hello.
>
> when trying to build the lustre client kernel modules configure aborts with
> the message "configure: error: Lustre does not support kernels with preempt
> enabled."
>
> I'm using kernel 2.6.22.19-0.12-rt with CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT as provided by SLERT
> 10.
>
> Is there a quick solution to this issue ?

Not really.  Maybe somebody with more knowledge about why we don't like
CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT on the client can explain, but as far as addressing
your failure directly, the only option would be to disable
CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT and rebuild your client kernel.  Presumably this would
conflict with your use of the -rt SLERT kernel though.

b.