[Lustre-discuss] redistribute used space to other OSTs (free space)

Tue Nov 4 08:52:58 PST 2008

On Tue, 2008-11-04 at 16:23 +0000, Wojciech Turek wrote:
> I don't know how to move a particular object but you could move a
> whole file to another OST and that would release some space from the
> full OST.
> mkdir /mnt/lustre/tmp
> lfs setstripe -i 2 -c 1 /mnt/lustre/tmp
> and then copy or move file test3.img into tmp dir

He could if he wanted to be sure to control exactly which OST to move
to, but typically the above is more work than is needed.  It should be
sufficient to disable the OST on the MDS and let the round-robin
allocator take care of moving the objects to less full OSTs during the
cp/rm.

b.