[Lustre-discuss] a new Lustre ADIO driver

emoly.liu Emoly.Liu at Sun.COM
Tue Nov 4 22:46:41 PST 2008

Hi,

Here is some description and performance results for the new Lustre ADIO
driver. You might be interested.

The main purpose of the new lustre adio driver is to collect the small
size I/O requests into fewer number of larger ones according to Lustre's
striping feature with low overhead automatically. We also provide some
hints for performance tuning.

In the following graph, the recent FLASH I/O benchmarking result shows
that the new driver performs much better than the old one, especially
for a large-scale system.
In this test, FLASH I/O blocksize is 4*4*4 that means each 3 clients
write 40KB, 40.5KB and 42KB respectively. The I/O operation iteration
(nvar) is set to 1024.

HTH,
LiuYing