[Lustre-discuss] Upgrading from 1.6.3 to 1.6.4 needs --writeconf

Wojciech Turek wjt27 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Nov 5 10:31:55 PST 2008

--writeconf deletes config logs from the given object storage device.
I can not tell you for sure if this is mandatory to run when upgrading
lustre but I can tell you that it will bring your lustre to sane state
before starting it again after upgrade. You have to run --writeconf on
all object storage devices for given filesystem. Next time you mount
your object storage devices they will detect that they have no config
logs and they will obtain them from the MGS therefore the configuration
will be consistent on all the object storage devices.