[Lustre-discuss] Exporting Multiple Lustre Filesystems over NFS

Osvaldo Rentas oz at terascala.com
Mon Nov 10 15:30:25 PST 2008

I have configured a system with 2 Lustre Filesystems.  The system contains 1 MGS, 1 MDS with 2 MDTS, and three OSS’ each with 2 OST’s.

I have exported the 2 file systems over NFS.  I found that I had to set the fsid=13 in /etc/exports to export a Lustre file system.

Both NFS mounts appear to succeed on a NFS client.  The  issue is the NFS client mounting the NFS export can only see the 1st fileysystem.

I’ve tried using a unique fsid on each of the exports, but that does not work.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Osvaldo A. Rentas

oz at terascala.com

cell: 617-407-6958