[Lustre-discuss] Cent OS 5.2 Initial Partioning

Hi albert682 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 10 19:08:49 PST 2008

Greetings List:

I have two new machines with the x86_64 Cent OS DVD's in them.  Something that was not covered that I have found so far in the Quick Start Guide for Lustre was how I should partition.

I have 6x1TB in each machine all connected through SATA II.

I have read that it will look for any block device or partion to reformat.  That being clear should I partition enough space say 100GB for the initial filesystem and leave the rest of the devices blank?

Should I raid this 100GB root partition accross all five disks with raid 5 or mirror it on one other with raid 1?  Suggestions?

Ardently;

Arden Wiebe