[Lustre-discuss] Lustre file system and DNS

Minh Hien minhhien261 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 2 00:23:51 PDT 2008

Dear all,

We had implemented a lustre file system sometimes ago. Lately, we changed DNS  server. We have replaced the /etc/resolv.conf on every node to a new DNS. It seems working fine. However, we want to prevent any other issues which may be originated from this change in the future.

As I know, as long as lustre could resolve the DNS name, there should not be any other issues. Am I correct to say so or there may be some hidden problems?

Thanks for your clarifications

Best Regards,
Karen