[Lustre-discuss] recovery_status inactive

Wojciech Turek wjt27 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Oct 2 01:22:58 PDT 2008

Hi

INACTIVE status in recovery_status file for the particular lustre target
device means that this device didn't go into recovery after starting
(mounting) it. Lustre device will only go into recovery if it there were
clients connected to it when the device was stopped. So INACTIVE status
is pretty normal status for lustre targets. I don't thing that you can
force lustre target device into recovery without unmounting it.

Regards,

Wojciech