[Lustre-discuss] Patchless server

Wed Oct 8 06:04:03 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-08 at 07:51 -0500, Josh Abadie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Excellent question.  In our particular situation, we have all of our
> servers running OFED 1.2 and the redhat kernel 2.6.9-55.  In order to
> get more stability, we would like to upgrade to the latest lustre
> verstion, but that is not possible without upgrading the kernel,
> infiniband stack and all IB dependent libraries.

Right.  But the latest verison, 1.6.5.1 comes with OFED 1.3 already
built -- as an installable RPM.  Is that not suitable for your
environment?

> It would be awesome if Sun supported a few kernels behind the latest
> and greatest.

The problem with that is that it increases our QA efforts exponentially.
Many people think our QA cycle is already too long.  Throw another few
kernels at it and it would take months to QA a release.

b.