[Lustre-discuss] Test setup configuration

Kevin Van Maren Kevin.Vanmaren at Sun.COM
Thu Oct 9 04:46:27 PDT 2008

Deval kulshrestha wrote:

> Hi
>

> I am a new luster user, trying to evaluate luster with few
> configuration. I am going through luster 1.6 Operation manual. But I
> am not able to understand which package should be installed on MDS,
> OSS , and client.
>
> Should I install all the packages on all three types of nodes?
>

> Please explain
>

> Best Regards
>
> Deval K

Lustre servers (MDS/OSS):
      kernel-lustre-smp // patched server kernel
      lustre-modules // Lustre kernel modules
      lustre // user space tools (server)
      lustre-ldiskfs // ldiskfs
      e2fsprogs // filesystem tools

You can install all those RPMs on the client as well, but it is not
necessary.
Lustre clients (assuming you have the matching vendor kernel for the
lustre-modules installed):
      lustre-client-modules // kernel modules for client
      lustre-client // user space (client)

Kevin