[Lustre-discuss] 1.6.5.1 patches

Fri Oct 10 19:08:24 PDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-10-11 at 07:41 +0700, sd a wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When is release date for 1.6.6?

I think I already answered today that I don't know when 1.6.6 will be
released because for the most part, nobody does.

We don't make release date promises or predictions because we don't even
know the date until the QA cycle for a release candidate is complete in
which case the release date is for all intents and purposes that day --
the overhead for getting packages from QA to the SDLC, etc. aside.

Each and every release candidate that goes to QA has the potential to be
the GA release.  It also has the potential to not be.  That's QA doing
it's job for you.  :-)

b.