[Lustre-discuss] 1.6.5.1 patches

Andreas Dilger adilger at sun.com
Sat Oct 11 23:12:38 PDT 2008

On Oct 11, 2008  12:15 -0400, Mag Gam wrote:
> I meant to say, 5 clients running 1.6.6 and the remainder running 1.6.5.1
>

> On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 9:14 AM, Mag Gam <magawake at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Would there be a problem if we have 5 servers running 1.6.6 and the
> > remainder of them running 1.6.5.1? Is there a chance of data
> > corruption?

No, we always test 1.x.y against 1.x.y-1 and 1.x-1.latest during our
QA process.  In general there should never be any chance of data corruption
no matter what two releases you try to use together, because if there
is (and we know about it, of course) then those versions would explicitly
be detected as non-interoperable at connect time.

Sr. Staff Engineer, Lustre Group
Sun Microsystems of Canada, Inc.