[Lustre-discuss] Getting random "No space left on device (28)"

Mag Gam magawake at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 12:05:14 PDT 2008

We have recently added another 1TB to a filesystem. We added a new OST
and mounted the OST. On the clients we do a lfs df -h and we see the
new space has been acquired. Also, lfs df -i shows enough inodes.
However, we randomly see 'No Space left on device (28)" when we run
our  jobs. But if we resubmit the jobs it works again.

Is there anything special we need to do, after we mount up a new OST?

TIA