[Lustre-discuss] Test setup configuration

Kevin Van Maren Kevin.Vanmaren at Sun.COM
Wed Oct 15 04:28:47 PDT 2008

Error is often an indication of mis-matched Lustre modules and kernel
version, so the modules
are installed, but not where Linux can find them.  (ie, kernel modules
are in /lib/modules/`uname -r`,
but lustre modules are in /lib/modules/<something_else>)

I note that you installed the server kernel modules, so you need kernel
2.6.9_67.0.7.EL_lustre
for them to work.  See my original note below on patchless clients: use
lustre-client-modules RPM,
with the version matching the installed kernel.  With the server module
RPMs, you need the lustre kernel
as well.

Kevin