[Lustre-discuss] Lnet configuration: 1 ost per gige interface.

Steden Klaus Klaus.Steden at thomson.net
Tue Oct 21 14:17:31 PDT 2008

Hi Rob,

I'm not sure on this point (but Andreas no doubt will know) but you might be able to get more overall bandwidth with a single logical network interface if you use a different aggregation mode, such as adaptive load balancing, instead of LACP. ALB and TLB modes will still operate on a dumb switch (at least, they operate without a configuration change on intelligent switches).

As long as Lustre doesn't care about the internal details of 'bond0', you should be able to set it up with ALB on a dumb switch and use 'bond0' as your interface.

Just a thought.

cheers,
Klaus