[Lustre-discuss] large ost and fsck

Kossey, Robert bob.kossey at hp.com
Tue Oct 21 09:00:37 PDT 2008

Can you be more specific about the 8TB limit?  Is it correct that this
is an 8TB base 2 (8796GB base 10) limit?
Does this limit apply to the raw device size or formatted Lustre OST
size?  Using RHEL5U1, we have created an OST on a 9.001 TB raw device
with a formatted size reported from lustre_config of 8584023MB.  Is this
OST OK to use, or would we have receive an error message if it was not OK?

Thanks,
Bob