[Lustre-discuss] beta lustre

Cliff White Cliff.White at Sun.COM
Tue Sep 9 14:32:54 PDT 2008

Papp Tamas wrote:
> hi All,
>
> Where can I download beta version of lustre?

Depends on what you mean.
Current Lustre is always available from the Sun Download site.
http://www.sun.com/software/products/lustre/get.jsp
(free, of course)

We have pre-released versions availble via CVS.
http://wiki.lustre.org/index.php?title=Open_CVS

I don't think anything is actually in a 'beta' program right now,
we probably will have 'beta' releases as we get closer to 1.8, but we
always encourage people to test latest CVS.

> Which lustre version will support FC8 kernels (2.6.23+)?

We don't much build on FC kernels, due to lack of commercial demand, but
any recent Lustre should work. We support patchless client builds on
vanilla linux kernels > 2.6.22, so you should be able to build any
recent Lustre clients against FC8 (maybe :)

cliffw