[Lustre-discuss] Typical IB timeout? Or something more?

Cliff White Cliff.White at Sun.COM
Wed Sep 10 12:10:07 PDT 2008

Alex Lee wrote:
>> These timeouts can happen on a busy network. If they are frequent, you
>> should increase obd_timeout.
>> cliffw
>>

> obd_timeout is already set at 300secs which I think is pretty long...
> Does the error message means it timed out after using up all 300sec
> waittime and then additional 20secs?

No actually those timeouts i think are a divisor of obd_timeout.
If you are already at 300 seconds you must have a very busy network.

> Or is this from the new variable timeout that was implemented in 1.6.5?

Adaptive timeouts are disabled by default currently, so you would have
to enable them. Might be worth trying actually.
cliffw