[Lustre-discuss] Installation of Lustre on ubuntu /Debian

Fri Sep 12 07:35:22 PDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-09-12 at 08:22 -0600, Robert LeBlanc wrote:

> All I do is install the linux-patch-lustre and lustre-source packages,
> run a make-kpkg --with-patches lustre and then boot into the new kernel
> then use m-a to make the lustre modules package.

Robert, as I've said though, that's fine for users working from
repositories, but it does not help a developer who has a source pool in
front of him and needs to, from that pool, produce the kernel, modules
and all userspace packages, without needing root and without needing to
reboot his workstation.

It's well established that Lustre is in the debian repositories.  It's
the local developer build environment that needs to be worked on.

b.