[Lustre-discuss] OST replay causes kernel panic

Dan dan at nerp.net
Mon Sep 15 07:52:00 PDT 2008

Hi,

One of my OSSs crashed last week.  All OSTs on it recover and mount except one that causes a kernel panic when it starts replaying (after waiting for clients to connect).  I fscked it this weekend and found no errors but still it panics the system.

My only idea on how to fix it was to run lctl --device 12 abort_recovery.  The instant you run this it causes a kernel panic.  Somethings not right about the replay info I guess.  I've brought up the other OSTs and deactivated them on the MGS/MDT but I cannot get the clients to mount anyway.  Do I need to deactivate it on the clients too?

Help!

Dan