[Lustre-discuss] fast traverse

Mag Gam magawake at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 17:18:59 PDT 2008

While doing a large scan of  a "large" lustre filesystem (10TB) I
noticed the client hung the host.

I did a simple 'find /oagre/lustre/fs ' and it naturally took 36 hours
since there are many small files. But we noticed the host crashed with
ll_socket<pid of find> and 'find' process taking up 100% CPU. No
commands were working, but I was able to ssh into the box. We are
using Lustre 1.6.5.1. Is this a known issue? Could this be a statahead
issue mentioned in the previous threads?

Sorry if this is redundant.

TIA