[Lustre-discuss] drbd async mode

Andreas Dilger adilger at sun.com
Tue Sep 23 01:57:52 PDT 2008

On Sep 22, 2008  11:19 +0200, Heiko Schroeter wrote:
> We are using a setup with the following spec:
>
> mds1 and mds2:
> 2 SATA Disks for MDS inside running raid0 with mdam tools.
> Above this drbd for network raid0 and
> Above that HA for failover.
>
> Besides that stonith is running inside HA for a real kill of the other
> node in case of trouble.
>
> Works good and reliable. We tested this real hard.
>
> If it is of general interest i could put down some notes how we did it but it
> will take some days.
> (I have do do it anyway for our docs ...)
> So please let me know if somebody is interested in this.

It would definitely be useful to update (at least) the Lustre DRBD wiki
page to indicate you are using this successfully, and any configuration
DRBD options you are using.  Similarly, if the Lustre manual is missing
any information (or possibly a specific example) of how to use HA for
Lustre that would also be useful.