[Lustre-discuss] autofs lustre

Andreas Dilger adilger at sun.com
Tue Sep 23 05:11:50 PDT 2008

On Sep 20, 2008  08:03 -0400, Mag Gam wrote:
> At the university we have are importing over 40 lustre filesystems. I
> was wondering if anyone is using autofs to mount up the lustre clients
> and if its recommended?

Might I ask why you have 40 Lustre filesystems?  One of the benefits of
Lustre is that you can have a single filesystem across many servers
(unlike NFS) and the value of the single aggregate filesystem is more
than the sum of its parts.

The bandwidth available to the clients is higher, the space can be
shared more effectively, etc.

Sr. Staff Engineer, Lustre Group
Sun Microsystems of Canada, Inc.