[Lustre-discuss] Lustre 1.6.4.3 install/upgrade problem

Wojciech Turek wjt27 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Sep 25 05:13:33 PDT 2008

Hi,

I think what this message means is that you should run
tunefs.lustre --writeconf /dev/<block_device> with every disk (on oss's
and mds's)
Before you do that stop lustre by umounting all lustre devices
This command recreates all lustre configuration files to the state like
in newly created file system. This command will not delete or corrupt
any data you have on your file system it's just touches lustre
configuration and log files. When you start your lustre devices they
will obtain new configuration from MGS and they will recreate
configuration and log files and the messages you see should go away. I
hope this helps.

Regards,

Wojciech