[Lustre-discuss] mounting OST causes hard lock, part 2

Dan dan at nerp.net
Mon Sep 29 17:08:00 PDT 2008

I have a small Luster setup that's worked pretty well for the last year.  A few weeks ago I posted that the OSS locks when it mounts a paticular OST.  The Dilger Procedure was suggested and mounting with "-o abort_recovery" worked.  This morning it crashed again and remounting the same OST and one other hard lock the system.  I'm able to mount the newest problem child with abort_recovery but not the original trouble maker.  I've made several tries at truncating the last_rcvd file but no luck.  The system has about 30 seconds after being mounted before locking up.

Suggestions?

The dump mentions dirty journal meta data as a possible culprit.

Dan