[Lustre-discuss] recovery_status inactive

Papp Tamás tompos at martos.bme.hu
Tue Sep 30 05:27:13 PDT 2008

hi all,

What does this mean?

# cat /proc/fs/lustre/mds/storage-MDT0000/recovery_status
status: INACTIVE

Yesterdeay evening there was a kernel panic at mount time on both of our
meta servers. I replaced the kernel on them from 2.6.18-53.1.21 to
2.6.18-53.1.13. I didn't touch lustre version, it's 1.6.5.1. The cluster
seems to be working at this moment, but I think, this could not be
healthy. What troubles could this cause and how can I fix it?

In the docs I can see only the usage of this procfs entry to monitoring
the recovering procedure.

Thank you,

tamas