[Lustre-discuss] Beginners Question: Mapping Lustre Node <-> DNS Hostname?

Andreas Dilger adilger at sun.com
Thu Apr 2 14:54:18 PDT 2009

On Apr 01, 2009  15:31 +0200, Wolfgang Stief wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 14:41:59 -0600
> Andreas Dilger <adilger at sun.com> wrote:
> > You can use:
> >
> > $ lctl get_param osc.${fsname}-${OSTname}*.ost_conn_uuid
>
> Works great, thank you!
> What would the syntax be for a MDT?

Pretty much the same: mdc.${fsname}-${MDTname}*.mds_conn_uuid

> Is there a list of valid values for get_param? Seems to me, that
> this command is useful for gathering some other informations as
> well. Couldn't find something in the wiki nor in the manual. Even some
> piece of source code would be fine...

Currently "ls -lR /proc/fs/lustre", or "lctl get_param -N {wildcard pattern}",
but there will be a "lctl list_param" in an upcoming release.  This is just
being phased in as a transition for direct /proc access.

Sr. Staff Engineer, Lustre Group
Sun Microsystems of Canada, Inc.