[Lustre-discuss] (no subject)

Andreas Dilger adilger at sun.com
Fri Apr 3 02:34:26 PDT 2009

On Apr 02, 2009  10:52 -0400, Roger Spellman wrote:
> Is there a way to know how many clients are presently mounted?  If so,
> is this value changed as clients unmount?
>
> I thought that the counter in /proc/fs/lustre/mds/num_refs was such a
> counter.  But, I recently mounted two clients, and I did not see that
> value change.

There is .../num_exports, which you might have been thinking of?  Note
that each server has an internal reference to the device, so this file
is num_clients + 1.

You can also see information about each mounted client in .../exports/
which has a per-client subdirectory.

Sr. Staff Engineer, Lustre Group
Sun Microsystems of Canada, Inc.