[Lustre-discuss] Patched e2fsprogs source

Andreas Dilger adilger at sun.com
Sun Apr 5 22:46:02 PDT 2009

On Apr 05, 2009  23:08 -0400, Suvendra Nath Dutta wrote:
> I am trying to figure out an easy way (without turning on quota) the usage
> of a Lustre file system. I was going to modify lfs find to print out the
> size as well as the name and just run a lfs /mount find --user <username>
> --print and get it to write out file sizes.

Doing this will make "lfs find" no faster than just using "find", so
it is fairly pointless.  Secondly, just using the file size is not
going to be accurate, because of sparse files.

> Is this the right track to go on? Or has someone already solved this
> problem?

I _think_ it is possible to enable Lustre quota w/o quota enforcement
(i.e. do not set any quota limits for users) and that would get you
what you want, but I'm not a Lustre quota expert and I could tell you
the commands to do this.

Sr. Staff Engineer, Lustre Group
Sun Microsystems of Canada, Inc.