[Lustre-discuss] slow journal/commitrw on OSTs lead to crash

Hendelman, Rob Rob.Hendelman at magnetar.com
Wed Apr 8 13:14:04 PDT 2009

I did not run obdfilter-survey on the disk subsystem, however I am
trying this now on a new filesystem we are building  (to relieve space
issues on the previous/crashing system):

Using the directions from the manual for running obdfilter-survey on
local disks,

I have setup lustre with an mgs/mds/ost.  There is no data on this new
filesystem.

Following the instructions from page 18-6 in the manual (18.2.2.1):
Running nobjhi=2 thrhi=2 size=1024 case=disk sh obdfilter-survey

Gives me the following:

Wed Apr  8 15:11:29 CDT 2009 Obdfilter-survey for case=disk from
maglustre03
ost  1 sz  1048576K rsz 1024 obj    1 thr    1 ERROR: 1 != 0
create: 1 objects
error: create: #1 - No such device
created object #s on localhost:fs02-OST0000_ecc not contiguous

The mgs/mdt are on another box.  Do they have to be on the the same box
as the OST?

Robert Hendelman Jr
Magnetar Capital LLC
Rob.Hendelman at magnetar.com
1-847-905-4557

The information contained in this message and its attachments
is intended only for the private and confidential use of the
intended recipient(s).  If you are not the intended recipient
(or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the
sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized
copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-
mail is strictly prohibited.