[Lustre-discuss] Regarding redundancy

Mon Apr 13 14:27:51 PDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-04-07 at 14:29 +0200, Arne Wiebalck wrote:
> Brian,

Arne,

> Thanks a lot for the details.

NP.

> So, even clients working on disjoint files/objects will experience that
> their data are lost when one client is lost during recovery ?

Yes.  Because, given the existing recovery design, there is no way to
know that AWOL clients were working on disjoint files/objects.

> Until 1.8.something, that is :)

Right.  That is what VBR is all about.

> Well, if I can do that :-)

Good.  I have opened a bug to formalize the testing of that to see if we
can be more positive about our situation there.  I don't recall the
number but it should be easy to find.

b.