[Lustre-discuss] patchless client on kernel 2.6.25

Saber Feki sfeki at cs.uh.edu
Tue Apr 14 13:39:18 PDT 2009

Thanks a lot.

Actually I managed to install it on my clients however I got the
following error when trying to mount:

node01:~ # mount -t lustre server-node at tcp0:/storage /mnt/storage-lustre

mount.lustre: mount server-node at tcp0:/storage at /mnt/storage-lustre failed: No such device

Are the lustre modules loaded?

Check /etc/modprobe.conf and /proc/filesystems

Note 'alias lustre llite' should be removed from modprobe.conf

I checked that there is no entry  'alias lustre llite' in modprobe.conf
and I added there this line :
'options lnet networks=tcp'

The thing is that the server is running lustre version 1.6.5.1 and now
the clients  are running version 1.6.7  that I got from CVS.
Does this problem come from the difference in versions in the client and
the server sides or I'm missing something else ?

Thanks
Saber

--
Saber Feki   http://www.cs.uh.edu/~sfeki